The Healing Center will be a VITA Tax Preparation site during the 2023 income tax season. VITA helps individuals and families build stronger financial futures and experience less stress during tax season by taking advantage of available tax credits and avoid paying preparation fees.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Please bring the following documents with you.
(If any of these documents do not sound familiar, it may be because you don’t need them.)
- Proof of identification (driver’s license, state photo ID or other government issued identification that includes a photo)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and all dependents
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Social Security Benefit Statements (SSA-1099), if applicable
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business
- Employer Identification Number
Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Identity Protection PIN number, if applicable. Usually issued by IRS to those who have experienced identity theft.