We would love for you to join our team!
Our current biggest need (as of 2/4/13): Spanish-English Bilingual volunteers needed at The Healing Center. Our Spanish-speaking guests typically have a longer wait to be visited because of a shortage of Spanish-speaking volunteers. You can make a difference by serving in our Hospitality, ESL, and Assessor programs! Volunteers typically serve once a week for 3-4 hours on a Wednesday-Saturday morning or on Thursday evenings. Please contact Monica for details: email@example.com or 513.346.4080 ext. 323.
Volunteers are needed every day of the week for various roles.
For more information on the next Volunteer Orientation and Keystone Course, click here.
For more information on Resources for Volunteers, click here.
About Our Volunteers
- 94% would recommend the Healing Center as a place to volunteer
- 92% feel needed in their serving role
- 37% employed full-time, 28% retired, 18% employed part-time, 14% unemployed, 3% students
- 52% have served for 2 or more years
Overview of available volunteer opportunities:
- Administration Team (data entry, receptionists, filing, etc)
- Assessment Team (interviewers, social workers, good listeners)
- Auto Clinic (volunteer mechanics, drivers)
- Bilingual Ministry
- Childcare (care for children)
- Clothing Ministry (sort and organize clothing)
- Community Projects (craft project leaders)
- Devotions (leaders for both English and Spanish speaking groups)
- Education Ministry (data entry, administrative help)
- Event Support (registration, hospitality, A/V assistance)
- Financial Counseling (help guests with budgeting and basic financial planning - training provided)
- Food Services Team (bag groceries, pick up and unload deliveries)
- Guides (mentors for Next Steps discipleship class)
- Hospitality Team (greeters, refreshments)
- Jail Ministry (visit jails to provide hope and spiritual refreshing)
- Job Coaching (job coaches, job search support)
- Jobs for Life (mentors, administrative help)
- Prayer Team (pray with guests)
- Recreation Coordinator (plan games and activities)
- Shuttle Drivers (transport guests to and from bus stop)
- Small Groups (group leader, table facilitator)
- Tour Guides (lead groups around the HC)
- Training Facilitator (teachers for Next Steps discipleship class)
- Tutoring and Literacy Program (tutors)
- Healing Center Volunteer God Talk - if you enjoy exploring scripture and sharing your thoughts with others, please join the discussion on our Healing Center Facebook page
- Quarterly Newsletters (latest newsletter is October 2012)